Monday, August 5, 2013

Welcome Back After a Long Absence

Initial Capitals for "Passions of Holy Week"
I've been away from this blog for almost one year (August 15, 2012, to be exact).  Why did I stop writing?  That's not a difficult question to answer -- a year ago this August I was preparing to disappear into a project illustrating a book (The Passions of Holy Week) for the Liturgical Press. 


By the end of July I had laid out a mockup of the book with the texts (in English and Spanish) of the four gospels (ABC Cycles) for Palm Sunday, the Passion Narratives for Palm Sunday according to St. Matthew (A Cycle), St. Mark (B Cycle) and St. Luke (C Cycle) and the Passion Narrative of John for Good Friday. 



Throughout the text were 37 rectangles of various sizes where the artwork was intended to go.  All I had to do was to draw each of the illustrations and paint them all.  Which is what I was doing in every free moment I wasn't at work between August 2012 and May 15, 2013. 

T

First days of painting blue backgrounds

So, after a long absence, I'm writing here again with more (frequent, I hope) reflections on the life of discipleship.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's great to have you back on the web! I was just about to delete your bookmark in despair. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete