Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Deliver me, O Jesus

Deliver me, O Jesus
From the desire of being loved.
From the desire of being extolled.
From the desire of being honored,
From the desire of being praised,
from the desire of being consulted,
from the desire of being approved,
from the desire of being popular,
from the fear of being humiliated,
from the fear of being despised,
from the fear of being rebuked,
from the fear of being calumniated,
from the fear of being wronged,
from the fear of being ridiculed,
from the fear of being suspected.
Amen      -- Mother Teresa of Kolkota




This prayer of Mother Teresa seemed a good way to begin the season of Lent. 
My last post was back at the beginning of January.  I've been away and too occupied with my Dad's final illness and death on January 24th and then with everything involved in commending him to God and burying him.  Since then I've been preoccupied with making sense of life without him to be able to write or post much of everything.  

It will have been 40 days since his death on the 4th of March, so I'm ready (sort of) to enter back into things a bit more.  Although I'm pretty off of Facebook for Lent, I will post on this blog from time to time and post it to Facebook as well.  
Thoughts and comments you wish to share on this blog or Facebook are always most welcome and I will be reading them. 
Deacon Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment