Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mary's Garden (Updated)


I was fortunate today to have the time to brush in the tracelines of the icon of Mary and Jesus for Mary''s Garden at our house. Imagine this icon in this location, but encased in a sturdy cedar shrine, with a pitched, shingled roof and attached to the fence with lag bolts and hurricane ties. (Necessary to resist the fierce winter winds that Doulas is famous for!)


It 's always a joy to put on my battered Carmelite apron - always a reminder to remember my friends at St.Joseph's monastery in Terre Haute, Indiana in prayer-- and paint. I 'm grateful to my wife Paula for giving me the time today to be in the studio by taking a long shift at the cooperative gallery where our work is on display. Thank you, sweetheart!



No comments:

Post a Comment